Resources : Documentary Organizations Links:
- Bay Area Video Coalition - "The most advanced noncommercial media access and training center in the nation."
- D-Word Documentary Discussions Forums - Discussions that cover the art, craft, business and social impact of documentary film and video.
- DocuClub - Modeled after the Cineclubs of the 20's and 30's, takes pride in having established a community-based organization that focuses on the filmmaker's process. Based in New York City since 1994, we began as an informal group of eight documentary filmmakers that met at the Hibiscus Films office.
- DocuSeek Film and Video Finder - A search site for independent documentary, social issue, and educational videos available in the U.S. and Canada.
- Film Arts Foundation - "One of the nation's top resource centers for independent filmmakers...a non-profit leader in the media arts field, providing comprehensiv training, equipment, information, consultations, and exhibition opportunities to independent filmmakers."
- Frameline - This organization provides support, development, promotion, and distribution of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer-related films.
- International Documentary Association - Official site of the magazine "International Documentary" and host of the InFACT documentary film festival.
- Media Burn Independent Video Archive
- An archive and streaming video website featuring 35 years of progressive documentary video.
- The Center for Documentary Studies at Duke University - "An independent non-profit organization committed to establishing dialog between documentary filmmaking and education.