Resources : Media Advocacy Links:
- Media Rights - A nonprofit organization, helps media makers, educators, librarians, nonprofits, and activists use documentaries to encourage action and inspire dialogue on contemporary social issues.
- Center for Media Literacy - "...a nonprofit educational organization that provides leadership, public education, professional development and educational resources nationally. Dedicated to promoting and supporting media literacy education as a framework for accessing, analyzing, evaluating and creating media content, CML works to help citizens, especially the young, develop critical thinking and media production skills needed to live fully in the 21st century media culture."
- Creative Commons - Devoted to expanding the range of creative work available for others to build upon and share.
- Fairness In Accuracy And Reporting - National media watch group, has been offering well-documented criticism of media bias and censorship since 1986. They work to invigorate the First Amendment by advocating for greater diversity in the press and by scrutinizing media practices that marginalize public interest, minority and dissenting viewpoints.
- Video University.com - A source for in-depth articles, handbooks, guides and helpful resources - all about video and film production.
- Kino-Eye.com - A blog covering Digital Filmmaking, Podcasting, and Media Technology by DER filmmaker David Tames
- Boston Media Makers - Boston Media Makers get together at Doyle's Cafe in Jamaica Plain, MA for a BIG meeting on the first Sunday of each month from 10 AM - Noon. They gather around a big table and answer the question, "What are you doing?"