There are no open positions right now.
Virtual Internships Now Available!
A DER internship is a great opportunity for students of filmmaking, anthropology, and the social sciences to develop skills and professional connections at an arts-based nonprofit. We aim to match an intern’s skills and interests with current projects, and interns typically take on projects in the areas of marketing, outreach, and acquisitions. We do not often assign interns to production or post production projects. DER internships are unpaid, but eligible for course credit. We offer internships to 2-3 students or recent graduates per semester. Please send a cover letter, résumé and two references to Alice Apley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPRING 2021 (VIRTUAL) INTERNSHIP – MARKETING & OUTREACH
Documentary Educational Resources (DER) is the only independent 501(c)(3) non-profit organization fostering creation, preservation, and engagement in cross-cultural documentary film. We connect filmmakers, educators and source communities through production support, distribution, and access to non-fiction media.
We have a variety of film distribution and marketing/outreach projects that can be tailored to interns’ specific skills and interests. The internship provides a great opportunity to learn about the changing business of educational media distribution and the history of documentary film in a small, friendly office atmosphere.
POSSIBLE DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Participate in marketing strategy and promotion of new releases
- Submit films to film festivals, academic journals, and conferences
- Assist in social media outreach
- Participate in film acquisitions meetings
- Assist staff members in creating mailing and other marketing lists
- Occasional general office tasks
Interns must be able to commit a minimum of 15 hours/week (days and times are flexible). This internship is unpaid, but course credit is available. Above all, an interest in documentary film, educational resources and global cultures, and an eagerness to learn. Background/interest in education and/or anthropology a plus!
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work independently according to instruction
- Experience using social media platforms (Ie Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office
Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite applications, especially Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator a plus, Filemaker or other databases, but not necessary.
Interested candidates should send a one page cover letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.